Registration To Open Data Fest 2015 Vilnius Is Now Open!
Date: August 28-30, 2015
Place: Rupert, Meškeriotojų st. 33, Vilnius
Ever wonder how YOUR city could be more interesting to live in, more comfortable to travel within, more exciting at night and more lively during the day? All these and other questions concerning the environment you live in are ready to be answered with a little bit of your and your team’s creativity, programming and design. Vilnius City Municipality releases and opens up its data to the public, which is ready to be used and we provide you tools for that! Come join the biggest and most fun hackathon this summer!
You will have 48 hours to analyse and to utilize the potential of the open data provided by Vilnius City Municipality and other institutions. The ODFxVilnius is a competition – do your best, have fun and be rewarded!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- As Vilnius City Municipality has taken up the initiative to open its data, the main purpose of the ODFxVilnius is to analyse the municipality’s data and to create new innovative solutions and apps that would either enhance the municipality’s level of transparency and its effectiveness or improve the quality of life and business environment in Vilnius.
- Professional mentors will provide their insights into the process of the use of open data and assist the participating teams when in need.
- Friday: data analysts, programmers, designers, marketing experts and everyone interested in open data come together and discuss what could be done with the municipality’s open data. Teams are formed and goals are set.
- Friday night – Sunday: get it, hack it, create it!
- Sunday afternoon: the teams present their products (or their beta versions) and the best solutions are awarded by Vilnius City Municipality and the partners of the ODFxVilnius.
- Food will be provided and mentors will be there for you throughout the weekend.
- Full program as well as the final lists of mentors and prizes will be published soon.
WHAT IS OPEN DATA?
According to the Open Data Handbook, open data is data that can be freely used, reused and redistributed by anyone – subject only, at most, to the requirement to attribute and sharealike.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Open data opens new markets for the private sector. The European Commission estimated that overall economic gains from opening up the public sector’s data could amount to EUR 140 billion a year in the EU. Open data also increases the transparency and efficiency of the public management, all of which contribute the society and the public sector itself.
Main partners include: JPP Create for Lithuania alumni, Rupert, Startup Highway, Infobalt.
Event is open for everyone with ideas, register:
P.S. We promise you a great BBQ party on Saturday evening!
Rimantė Ribačiauskaitė, project manager at Enterprise Lithuania
+370 618 06059
Ugnius Zasimauskas, project manager at Enterprise Lithuania
+370 620 35134